Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Fond Farewell to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine

What a beautiful tribute to a fabulous magazine. I know you have read it over and over today and ever since the announcement was made last month, but I, too was shocked to hear that Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine will be closing it's doors. I feel like it was THE go-to crafting magazine.  I know I felt like a ROCKSTAR to have made it into print a few times. I seriously felt like I made it BIG Time! So thank-you PC & S for those feelings and for making a dream come true for this girl. 

This is a HUGE hop, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I hope you arrived from the Altenew Blog



My card today is to say thank-you for all the years of hard work by the staff. I used lots of Reverse Confetti products today. The sketch is the current Sweet Sunday Sketch. I flipped it on my sample card on Sunday, so today I wanted to try it the way it was written.


I layered up some pretty panels-diagonal stripes and the solid Class Act rounded rectangle and topped it with the largest Circle 'n Scallops solid circle. The sentiment is from Forever Fall.  The heart is from Love note


The fishtail flag piece is from Tag Me Confetti cut. I snipped off the left edge and also cut the strip in half, hiding the seam behind the front panels and allowing me to give it the allusion that it is a longer piece. It's an easy tip, for extending any die cut piece. 

Thanks for stopping by! I wish all the folks at Paper Crafts & Scrapbook Magazine all the best.  Off you go to Alice Golden's Blog. Happy hopping!














Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Lisa a gorgeous card to honor Paper Craft Magazine, it is amazing how they touched so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, such a fun card, love the pops of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love all your beautiful layers and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!